Wednesday, December 28, 2005

After seeing Breakfast on Pluto, I went back and re-re-re-rediscovered Astral Weeks by Van Morrison. Mr. Morrison and I have enjoyed a long standing relationship from my slick-footed poolside twist days from years ago via "Brown-Eyed Girl," to my all-but obsessive phase around the age of 21. I found these two longer songs to best express a mood I was searching for a few stressful weeks ago. Also, the version of "4th Time Around," as found in the only scene worth its salt in Crowe's Vanilla Sky, hit me one morning as I watched it - half naked and alone. It's a beautiful version. The other songs are some old favorites, some new discoveries, and for the most part reflect that which I was feeling on the day I made this CD.

1) Bob Dylan - Fourth Time Around (from the Bootleg Series)
2) Van Morrison - Cyprus Avenue
3) David Gray - Lullaby
4) Joni Mitchell - Rainy Night House
5) The Mountain Goats - You or Your Memory
6) Nicolai Dunger - Prelude
7) Pixies - Where is My Mind?
8) Wilco - Wishful Thinking
9) The Kinks - Waterloo Sunset
10) Sly & The Family Stone - If You Want Me to Stay
11) Al Green - I'm Glad You're Mine
12) The Allman Brothers - Melissa
13) Antony & The Johnsons - Frankenstein
14) Jeff Buckley - Satisfied Mind
15) Van Morrison - Madame George
16) The Rolling Stones - You Can't Always Get What You Want

1 comment:

erin said...

I enjoy your mixes. One day, can you make one for me?