Sunday, February 26, 2006

Selections from Grey's Anatomy - Season Two

Pardon me while I exude what's left of my Grey's Anatomy load.

After scouring all that I care to scour of Alexandra Patsavas' selections from season two, I have found these nineteen tracks to best suit my recent mood. I won't bore you with any links, photos, etc. I just ask that you consider listening to a couple 30 second clips on iTunes, or Googling these bands. I've really enjoyed each of these tracks this week, a week - for me anyway - filled with music.

1) Slow Runner - Break Your Mama's Back
2) Monotypes - Dead Streets
3) Ben Lee - Catch My Disease
4) Anya Marina - Miss Halfway
5) Mark McAdam - Too Hard
6) Inara George - Fools in Love
7) Rosie Thomas - It Don't Matter to the Sun
8) Foy Vance - Homebird
9) Kate Earl - Someone to Love
10) Kendall Payne - Scratch
11) Corinne Bailey Rae - Like a Star
12) Jim Noir - I Me You
13) Moonbabies - War on Sound
14) Gemma Hayes - Two Step
15) The Headlights - Everybody Needs a Fence to Lean On
16) Keren Ann - Not Going Anywhere
17) Joe Purdy - Far Away Blues
18) Tegan and Sara - Not Tonight
19) Merrick - Infinity

A curmudgeonly old woman who once babysat me while my parents were out of town said, "Never trust a Greek." Ms. Patsavas and a few other Greek-Americans I'm more closely associated with here in New York are beginning to break my Greek-weary spell. So, to those of you untrustworthy, miserly, moody, greasy Greeks out there who read this meek web log, please thank Ms. Alexandra Patsavas in your bedtime prayers for helping me to begin trusting Greeks again. And pardon the "greasy" tag; it was admittedly a low blow. Being of German and Irish descent, there was more than one summer's day I was nicknamed "the sweater."

Still to come... a review of a musical review starring yours truly.

No comments: