Monday, August 07, 2006

A Weak End

This mix, somewhat of an interactive one - see *note below - is meant to commemorate what has been a strange, funky weekend. I think my body was asked to run both an emotional and physical gauntlet. With my first major hangover in some time, a great workout in spite of the sweltering heat, and a rehashing of relationships young and old, male and female, I found myself seeking out some fairly depressing - ok, kind of depressing - music.

1) Tyrone Davis - Turn Back the Hands of Time
2) Van Morrison & The Chieftains - Irish Heartbeat
3) World Party - When You Come Back to Me
4) Neutral Milk Hotel - Oh Comely
5) Simon Joyner - Love is Worth Suffering For
6) Secret Machines - Alone, Jealous, & Stoned
7) Semisonic - Secret Smile
8) Nico - Little Sister
9) James Taylor - Looking for Love on Broadway
10) Elton John - The One
11) Townes Van Zandt - Tecumseh Valley (live at The Old Quarter)
12) World Party - She's the One
13) Lightning Hopkins - Baby Please Don't Go
14) Otis Redding - That's How Strong My Love Is
15) Leonard Cohen - The Traitor
16) Elton John - Border Song
17) Thomas Newman - Finding Nemo Theme
18) Joan Armatrading - The Weakness in Me
19) Irma Thomas - Time is on My Side

1 comment:

erin said...

i am interested.

i saw the secret machines on friday.

back to work. will return your call later.