Sunday, December 31, 2006

New Music for November

Yikes... this one's been in the works for a while! Here's music discovered, rediscovered, and loved during this fairly stressful holiday season. Hopefully you and yours had a great one!

1) Extreme - Hole Hearted
2) James Hunter - People Gonna Talk
3) Paul Westerberg - Love You in the Fall
4) Spoon - The Book I Write (New Version for Stranger Than Fiction)
5) Maximo Park - Going Missing
6) The Jam - That's Entertainment (Demo Version)
7) The Kinks - Celluloid Heroes
8) Neil Young - Lotta Love Live in 1976
9) Thin Lizzy - Cowboy Song
10) Charles Wright & The Watts 103rd St. Band - You Gotta Know Whatcha Doin'
11) Aretha Franklin - Baby, Baby, Baby
12) Betty Harris - I'm Gonna Git Ya
13) Rod Stewart - Handbags & Gladrags
14) Sasha Dobson - Without You
15) Alela Diane - Pieces of String
16) Lemonheads - Being Around Live in 1993
17) Lucinda Williams - Out of Touch
18) Don Williams & Emmylou Harris - If I Needed You
19) Jackie DeShannon - Put a Little Love in Your Heart
20) Lou Rawls - What are You Doing New Years Eve?
21) James Brown - Cold Sweat
22) Over the Rhine - All I Ever Get for Christmas is Blue
23) Paul Newman - Plastic Jesus

I did compress this one into a zip file; after growing tired of the awful people at EZArchive, I switched to SendSpace.

I hope you're able to download and enjoy my latest mix. Put "discovering new music" at the top of this year's resolutions, and The Mix Tape certainly won't disappoint.

1 comment:

Max Wastler said...

I should mention that all but Lou Rawls' song are available for download via the .zip file. Also, SendSpace is a member-based download space, but it costs nothing to join, and you'll have full access to my mixes from now on. I'll .zip every mix.