Monday, May 05, 2008

Avril for Real

This month found me upended with a series of transitions. As of today, though, I'm 3 for 3. I'll let you decide just what that means.

I'd intended this one to be a driver; those of you with cars will have to let me know how goes.

1) Josh Ritter - Snow is Gone
2) Jackson Browne - Fountain of Sorrow (Live, Acoustic)
3) Cream - Badge
4) Blind Faith - Can't Find My Way Home
5) Van Morrison - Call Me Up in Dreamland
6) WILCO - Jesus, Etc.
7) Rod Stewart - Mandolin Wind
8) Elton John - Georgia
9) She & Him - Change Is Hard
10) Old Crow Medicine Show - Wagon Wheel
11) Gram Parsons - Grievous Angel
12) Son Volt - Windfall
13) Bob Dylan - Time Passes Slowly
14) Bill Withers - Let It Be
15) Bill Withers - Can We Pretend
16) Aphex Twin - Avril 14
17) Bob Dylan - Idiot Wind (Bootleg Series Vol 2 Version)
18) Van Morrison - Warm Love
19) Van Morrison - Comfort You
20) Willie Nelson - My Heroes Have Always Been Cowboys
.zip the whole thing!

1) I'll hopefully have a second mix of his love songs up tonight as well.
3, 4) Fandango
5, 18, 19) VAN! Of late, c/o an almost academic approach to the rock doc, Van Morrison: Under Review, I've over-indulged on his 'prolific period,' '64 to '74.
13) Beg, steal, or borrow this one: New Morning is tha business!
14, 15) Fair assessment? I really get a hankering for Bill Withers just about every spring.
20) The Electric Horseman

1 comment:

laura ann said...

mkay, this is a start. now i'm gonna need you to go ahead and upload a few more by thursday. something beachy, no?