Monday, January 30, 2006

For whatever reason, I entitled this mix FUNKY, yes, all caps. It should be entitled SYNTHS or something funnier like, "Yes, I live in Williamsburg." This is a classic hipster move: claim to love eighties synth r&b, and throw in a bit of pop for familiarity's sake. That being said, this mix is one I've been working on since this summer when first I heard "I Like It" by DeBarge at my favorite restaurant on the Lower East Side, The Pink Pony. So, laugh as you will, but this mix makes me shake, it makes me move, it makes me laugh, and most importantly, it makes me happy.

1) DeBarge - I Like It
2) The Whispers - Rock Steady
3) Shalamar - The Second Time Around
4) Diana Ross - Upside Down
5) Carl Carlton - She's a Bad Mama Jama
6) Lakeside - Fantastic Voyage
7) Earth, Wind, & Fire - Let's Groove
8) Prince - Controversy
9) Rick James - Give It to Me Baby
10) The Human League - Fascination
11) Shannon - Let the Music Play
12) Mtume - Juicy Fruit
13) Skyy - Call Me
14) Chaka Khan - Ain't Nobody
15) Leon Ware - Why I Came to California
16) Ready for the World - Oh Sheila
17) Midnight Star - No Parking on the Dancefloor

1 comment:

erin said...

you had me at debarge.....


this is fantastic! it's like i can see the spandex, lurex, and Jeri Curl just by reading your playlist.