Thursday, April 20, 2006

This mix is simply entitled "Yeah," in my iTunes. I think it was given that name to match up with my sort of downtrodden state this weekend. Most of these songs are middle emotion, midtempo; they've hit me in the way I feel certain circumstances in my life have been hitting lately, but certainly they've struck my so-called metaphysical chords quite harmoniously.

Apologies to those of you reading this to find new music as some of the songs appear on old mixes found here. This week, I was definitely going for music to match a mental state. Hopefully, you understand.

1) The Little Willies - No Place to Fall
2) Jeff Tweedy - Be Not So Fearful
3) Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here
4) Elton John - Come Down in Time
5) Sufjan Stevens - Chicago (Acoustic)
6) Chaka Khan - Love Me Still
7) The Rolling Stones - I Got the Blues
8) Van Morrison - Beside You
9) The Beatles - Cry Baby Cry
10) Corinne Bailey Rae - Like a Star
11) Bill Withers - Can We Pretend
12) Carla Bruni - Quelqu'un Ma Dit
13) The Weepies - Gotta Have You
14) Rosie Thomas - Since You've Been Around
15) Lyle Lovett - If I Needed You
16) Townes Van Zandt - Flyin' Shoes
17) Bill Withers - Stories
18) Luz Casal & Carlos Nunez - Negra Sombra
19) Bill Fay - Be Not So Fearful
20) Townes Van Zandt - High, Low, and In Between

1 comment:

Nick said...

i love your blog. if I only had time to listen to it....