Monday, April 17, 2006

The Weepies, not The Weebles, have stolen much of this weekend from me, and I'd like it back. It's either that, or I am going to have them steal your week. You may resist, but this song's infectious chorus will stick to you like gum to a shoe's sole. That's too nice. I'll say this: it's like walking into a spider's web of harmonies - ok, ok, maybe not a web, but something that clings to everything and makes trying to do anything else futile. It's like the schadenfreude involved in the inexplicable joy of watching someone attempt to parallel park a six foot long car in four feet of space. But it's not malicious. Ok, I'm prefacing this song too much for what it is. Give it a listen and get back to me. It may follow you home like it did me - staring up at me with those eyes, that lost, sorta cute, but definitely mutty dog that it is. It's a dog. I love this song, even though it may pee on my shoes.

The Weepies - Gotta Have You
If that link doesn't work, you can view my plagiarism and get the song here.

Oh, yeah, and Deb Talan and Steve Tannen, the pair who make up said Weepies, have the sweetest story.

1 comment:

Max Wastler said...

Thanks!