Friday, June 02, 2006

Music for a Rough Day

This mix has been a month or so in the making, but it's finally time, I think, to post it. Since finishing with school, losing the family I'd help to cultivate over the past couple years, I've been down. This is just some of the music I've listened to since finishing. And I might as well explain that I wanted to hear these songs as sung by their writers, even though someone else may have had more success singing the song.

1) Warren Zevon - Reconsider Me
2) Harry Nilsson - Gotta Get Up
3) Leon Russell - A Song for You
4) Billy Joel - Vienna
5) Fred Neil - Everybody's Talkin'
6) Elton John - Talking Old Soldiers
7) Townes Van Zandt - No Place to Fall
8) John Prine - Illegal Smile
9) Leonard Cohen - The Stranger Song
10) Jimmy Cliff - Many Rivers to Cross
11) Randy Newman - Real Emotional Girll
12) Paul Simon - American Tune
13) Wilco - Reservations
14) Josh Ritter - Here at the Right Time
15) Neil Young - Down by the River
16) Loudon Wainwright III - New Paint
17) Kris Kristofferson - Help Me Make It Through the Night
18) Jackson Browne & Warren Zevon - Hasten Down the Wind

So not all sad and lonely, but you can see where I was going.

No comments: