Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Attention Nine to Fivers!

Looking to waste time at that crummy desk job you took purely for their awesome dental coverage? Perhaps your company has blocked Facebook, Friendster, MySpace, Hi5, and gosh, even Google!?

Well, look no further than Pandora. I love her box, her music box that is. This little tool allowed me to set up an online radio station focused on my favorite artists and songs. It's based on the Music Genome Project, a veritable 400 point inspection for each song to ensure the similarities really are there (I've been told this is because 399 points simply aren't enough to decipher between Bob and Jakob Dylan). And I'll say this. It certainly made my day go more quickly than any day before, and I have a feeling it will soon be the next site blocked at work. Ah well, I'll enjoy crazy Pandora while her box continues to spew mellifluous sonority.

Thank you to Pieter and Blake for bringing Pandora to my attention and saving my first week back at work.

No comments: