Friday, August 18, 2006

Workin' My Way to the Weekend

Admittedly this mix starts to sound like soundtrack outtakes from an episode of Ally McBeal, but for my first week back in the pack of the 9 to 5ers seemingly brimming over on the 6 train, I feel justified, Calista Flockheart and all.

1) Jonah Matranga & Frank Turner - A New England
2) Ane Brun - Rubber & Soul (featuring Teitur)
3) The Rolling Stones - Coming Down Again
4) Tapes 'n Tapes - Omaha
5) The Velvet Underground - After Hours
6) Death Cab for Cutie - Your Heart is an Empty Room
7) Serge Gainsbourg - Melodie Nelson
8) Townes Van Zandt - Dollar Bill Blues
9) Jennifer O'Connor - Today
10) Ryan Auffenberg - Under All the Bright Lights
11) Sandi Thom - I Wish I Was a Punk Rocker (with Flowers in Her Hair)
12) G Love & Special Sauce - Hot Cookin'
13) Victoria George - Don't Worry Bout Breakin' My Heart
14) Bob Seger - Living Inside My Heart
15) Amos Lee - Shout Out Loud
16) Elvis Costello - Little Boxes
17) Air Traffic - Just Abuse Me
18) Eliot Morris - Balancing the World
19) Inner Circle - Summer Jammin'
20) Terence Trent D'Arby - Wishing Well
21) Eagle Eye Cherry - Falling in Love Again
22) The Incredible Bongo Band - Apache
23) Lee Michaels - Do You Know What I Mean

I hope it's clear where this mix was going. I'm not sure it is, because it's all over the place, as are my influences. I believe the term is shout out, and shout I will. His gym locker was next to mine in seventh grade, and Ryan Auffenberg is getting press for his latest EP. Way to go, buddy! You were the best Eagle Eye Fleagle I've ever seen. Then again, you were the only Eagle Eye Fleagle I've ever seen.

No comments: